Saturday, January 10, 2009

light

With a blindfold on my eyes,
for three days I tried,
trying hard to realize,
what its like to be blind,

I wanted to know, how life is like for my friend,
who got blind in a car accident,
its a feeling that no one can explain to you,
one can learn the agony, only by going through,

at first, it was suffocating in the darkness,
felt like being trapped in a spider's mesh,
only one color, black, always there in my eyes,
frustration reached extremes, then I realised,

I could hear the faintest of sounds,
smell the roses from miles away
could feel the thin air touching my face,
senses overpowered my mind, it felt sublime,

I threw off the blindfold and went to my friend to say,
that God is not cruel, he helps in his own way,
I didn't feel sorry but proud of him,
in those dark eyes I could see courage as light.

1 comment: